01 Jul Mississippi CPA Exam & License Requirements
In Mississippi, state residency is required to apply for the CPA exam and get a CPA license. The requirements for licensure are fairly standard and require 150 credit hours along with one year of work experience in the accounting industry.
To be eligible to sit for the CPA exam students must first fulfill these qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum age: None
- U.S. Residency NOT Required
- State Residency Required: Must be resident, employee, OR have an office in the state
- Bachelor degree or above with accounting concentration
- 150 semester units from an accredited university or educational institution
- Must have at least 48 semester units of upper-division accounting or business courses
- Accounting courses: 24 semester units, including 3 units in:
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Government or Not for Profit Accounting
- Other general business courses: 24 semester units
MS CPA License Requirements
- Same as above
- 1 year of relevant work experience supervised and verified by an active CPA licensee
- Passing of the AICPA ethics exam (Cost of course is $149 or $119 for AICPA members)
*Note: Must get CPA license within 5 years of passing the CPA exam
Mississippi CPA Exam Fees
The cost to take all four sections of the CPA exam in Mississippi is $743 plus the initial $150 application fee. The re-examination registration fee varies depending on the number of sections you are signing up for.
|Auditing and Attestation (AUD)||$195.35|
|Business Environment and Concepts (BEC)||$176.25|
|Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR)||$195.35|
**Important Note: You should not apply and pay for exam sections that will not be taken within six months because your Notice to Schedule (NTS) in Mississippi expires 6 months after issuance.
Additional CPA Requirements
- Pass all 4 sections of the CPA exam with a score of 75% or higher
- Complete verified accounting work experience
- Pass AICPA Ethics Exam
- Fill out and submit all required CPA license application paperwork
- Pay the CPA license application fee
MS Exam Information and Resources
5 Old River Place, Suite 104
Jackson, MS 39202-3449
Email: [email protected]
Now that you have started the CPA exam application process, your next step is to find a CPA review course that fits your budget, learning style and schedule.
It can take several weeks for your application to be processed so don’t waste that valuable time waiting to hear back from your state board. If you start studying now you will get a nice jump start on the material and will be better prepared to pass your first CPA exam!