Kansas requires state residency to apply for the CPA exam and earn a CPA license. One special education requirement before you can sit for the exam is that you must earn 11 credit hours of oral and communication courses.
To be eligible to sit for the CPA exam students must first fulfill these qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum age: None
- U.S. Residency NOT Required
- State Residency Required: Must be a resident, employee, OR have an office in the state
- Social Security Number (SSN) Required
- Bachelor degree or above
- 150 semester units from an accredited university
- CPA review courses can be counted towards this as long as they are offered by accredited educational institution
- Accounting: 30 semester units
- General education: 42 semester units — please check Kansas Education Requirements for details
- Oral and communication: 11 semester units
KS CPA License Requirements
Kansas is a two-tier state, which means that you must obtain a CPA certificate before you can apply for a CPA license. Certification does not allow you to practice or hold yourself out as a CPA.
- Passing of the AICPA ethics exam (Cost of course is $149 or $119 for AICPA members)
- Must have a Kansas CPA certificate
- Work Experience:
- 1 year of public or non-public accounting experience verified by an active CPA licensee
- Part-time work can count towards requirement
Kansas CPA Exam Fees
The cost to take all four sections of the CPA exam in Kansas is $743 plus the initial $145 application fee. The re-examination registration fee varies depending on the number of sections you are signing up for.
**Important Note: You should not apply and pay for exam sections that will not be taken within six months because your Notice to Schedule (NTS) in Kansas expires 6 months after issuance.
Additional CPA Requirements
- Pass all 4 sections of the CPA exam with a score of 75% or higher
- Complete verified accounting work experience
- Pass the AICPA ethics exam
- Fill out and submit all required CPA license application paperwork
- Pay the CPA license application fee
Surgent CPA Review
- Pass 80% Faster. Exam ready in 58 hours!
- Adaptive Learning Technology
- Top New Product by Accounting Today
Wiley CPAexcel Review
- Bite-sized Lectures
- Huge Test Bank with 16,000 MCQ’s
- Unlimited Course Access