Missouri requires state residency in order to obtain a CPA license. The state requires 150 credit hours to sit for the CPA exam including 33 accounting credits and 27 business credits. Candidates may sit for the exam up to 60 days prior to completing the education requirements.
To be eligible to sit for the CPA exam students must first fulfill these qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum age: 21
- U.S. Residency NOT Required
- State Residency Required: Must be a resident, employee, or keep an office in the state
- Bachelor degree or above with accounting concentration
- 150 semester units from an accredited university or educational institution
- Accounting courses: 33 semester units including at least 18 units in upper division accounting and 1 course in auditing
- General business courses: 27 semester units
*Note: Candidates may sit for the exam 60 days prior to meeting these education requirements
MO CPA License Requirements
- Same as above
- 1 year of public or non-public accounting experience
- Part-time work is accepted as long as it totals 2,000 hours of accounting experience and is completed within a 3 year window
- Passing of the AICPA ethics exam (Cost of course is $149 or $119 for AICPA members)
Missouri CPA Exam Fees
The cost to take all four sections of the CPA exam in Missouri is $743 plus the initial $132 application fee. The re-examination fee varies from depending on the number of sections you are signing up for.
**Important Note: You should not apply and pay for exam sections that will not be taken within six months because your Notice to Schedule (NTS) in Missouri expires 6 months after issuance.
Additional CPA Requirements
- Pass all 4 sections of the CPA exam with a score of 75% or higher
- Complete verified accounting work experience
- Pass AICPA Ethics Exam
- Fill out and submit all required CPA license application paperwork
- Pay the CPA license application fee
MO Exam Information and Resources
Becker CPA Review
- Endorsed by the Big 4
- Adapt 2U A.I. Technology
- Gameified Learning Options
Surgent CPA Review
- Pass 80% Faster. Exam ready in 58 hours!
- Adaptive Learning Technology
- Top New Product by Accounting Today