Oklahoma requires 150 credit hours and 1 year of work experience in either public or non-public accounting as well as state residency to obtain a CPA license. There are two levels of qualifications which are the CPA (Certified Public Accountant) and the PA (Public Accountant) so be careful that you choose the correct one.
To be eligible to sit for the CPA exam students must first fulfill these qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum age: None
- U.S. Residency NOT Required
- State Residency Required
- Bachelor degree or higher
- 150 semester hours
- Accounting course requirements:
- 30 semester hours of accounting (intermediate/advanced courses)
- 1 course must be in audit or assurance
- Business course requirements: 9 hours (upper-division)
- A minimum of 76 out of the 150 hours must be in upper division courses
OK CPA License Requirements
Oklahoma CPA Exam Fees
The cost to take all four sections of the CPA exam in Oklahoma is $743 plus the initial $50 application fee.
**Important Note: You should not apply and pay for exam sections that will not be taken within six months because your Notice to Schedule (NTS) in Oklahoma expires 6 months after issuance.
Additional CPA Requirements
- Pass all 4 sections of the CPA exam with a score of 75% or higher
- Complete verified accounting work experience
- Pass AICPA Ethics Exam
- Fill out and submit all required CPA license application paperwork
- Pay the CPA license application fee
Surgent CPA Review
- Pass 80% Faster. Exam ready in 58 hours!
- Adaptive Learning Technology
- Top New Product by Accounting Today
Wiley CPAexcel Review
- Bite-sized Lectures
- Huge Test Bank with 16,000 MCQ’s
- Unlimited Course Access