- No minimum age requirement
- US citizenship NOT required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Must complete 120 semester hours to sit for CPA exam. Must complete 30 additional units within 3 years of passing the CPA exam to get licensed (150 total semester hours).
- 30 semester units in accounting courses with a minimum grade of “C”
- 30 semester units in business courses
- Graduate degree holders have different requirements. Please visit the State Board website at the bottom of this page for details.
* 1 semester = 1.5 quarters
* semester hours = semester units
The cost to take all four sections of the CPA exam in Arkansas is $743 plus $125 – $170 in application fees depending on how many sections you sign up for. The re-examination application fee is $75 – $120 plus the exam fees.
Arkansas Exam Fees
*Important Note: You should not apply and pay for exam sections that will not be taken within six months because your “Notice to Schedule” expires six months after issuance.
Application Fees (non-refundable and non-transferable)
Additional CPA Requirements
In addition to the above requirements, there are a few more in order to obtain a CPA license:
- Pass all 4 sections of the CPA exam with a score of 75 or higher
- Pay the $50 certification fee
- Submit all required paperwork