Oregon requires 150 credit hours and one year qualifying work experience to obtain a CPA license. The work experience requirements are more lenient than most states and allow qualifying part-time work which can be signed off by a CPA or a chartered accountant if they are from Canada, Mexico, or Ireland. There are two levels of qualifications for accountants in Oregon. They are the CPA (Certified Public Accountant) and the PA (Public Accountant). The requirements for both of these are quite different so be careful to choose the correct one.
To be eligible to sit for the CPA exam students must first fulfill these qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum age: None
- U.S. Residency NOT Required
- State Residency NOT required
- 4-year bachelor degree or higher
- Fulfill 150 credit hours
- 24 semester credits of accounting courses
- 24 semester credits of additional accounting or business courses
OR CPA License Requirements
- Same as above
- 1 year of accounting experience supervised by a CPA or CPA equivalent
- CPA equivalent can be an licensed Oregon PA or a licensed Chartered Accountant from the countries of Canada, Mexico or Ireland
- Verifying CPA must hold an active license for a minimum of 5 years prior to the period of supervision
- Qualifying part-time experience can be counted but must be at least 20 hours per week.
- Passing of the AICPA ethics exam
- Cost of course is $149 or $119 for AICPA members
Oregon CPA Exam Fees
The cost to take all four sections of the CPA exam in Oregon is $743 plus the initial $100 application fee. The re-examination registration fee is $100 as well.
**Important Note: You should not apply and pay for exam sections that will not be taken within six months because your Notice to Schedule (NTS) in Oregon expires 6 months after issuance.
Additional CPA Requirements
- Pass all 4 sections of the CPA exam with a score of 75% or higher
- Complete verified accounting work experience
- Pass AICPA Ethics Exam
- Fill out and submit all required CPA license application paperwork
- Pay the CPA license application fee
Surgent CPA Review
- Pass 80% Faster. Exam ready in 58 hours!
- Adaptive Learning Technology
- Top New Product by Accounting Today
Wiley CPAexcel Review
- Bite-sized Lectures
- Huge Test Bank with 16,000 MCQ’s
- Unlimited Course Access