In Louisiana, you must be a state resident to sit for the CPA exam or apply for a CPA license. The requirements for licensure are fairly straightforward and follow the 150 hour rule along with 1 year of qualifying work experience.
To be eligible to sit for the CPA exam students must first fulfill these qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum age: None
- U.S. Residency NOT Required
- State Residency Required
- Bachelor degree or higher
- 150 semester units from an accredited university or educational institution
- Accounting Courses: 24 semester units in undergrad level, or 21 in graduate level. Please see Louisiana Education Requirements for more details
- Business Courses: 24 semester units, including 3 credit hours of commercial law
*Note: Click on the Pre-evaluation Services Form if interested
LA CPA License Requirements
- Same as above
- 1 year (2,000 hours) of experience under the supervision of a licensed US CPA. Please contact the State Board on the nature of experience required
- Part-time experience can be counted
- Experience must be gained within 4 years preceding the date of the license application
- No Requirement
Louisiana CPA Exam Fees
The cost to take all four sections of the CPA exam in Louisiana is $743 plus the initial $130 application fee. The re-examination registration fee varies depending on the number of sections you are signing up for.
**Important Note: You should not apply and pay for exam sections that will not be taken within six months because your Notice to Schedule (NTS) in Louisiana expires 6 months after issuance.
Additional CPA Requirements
- Pass all 4 sections of the CPA exam with a score of 75% or higher
- Complete verified accounting work experience
- Fill out and submit all required CPA license application paperwork
- Pay the CPA license application fee
CT Exam Information and Resources
Surgent CPA Review
- Pass 80% Faster. Exam ready in 58 hours!
- Adaptive Learning Technology
- Top New Product by Accounting Today
Wiley CPAexcel Review
- Bite-sized Lectures
- Huge Test Bank with 16,000 MCQ’s
- Unlimited Course Access