Idaho requires 150 credit hours to earn a CPA license, however you may sit for the CPA exam before this. The work experience requirements are pretty standard and require 1 year of public or non-public accounting verified by an active US CPA.
To be eligible to sit for the CPA exam students must first fulfill these qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum age: 18
- U.S. Residency NOT Required
- State Residency NOT required
- Bachelor degree or higher
- Accounting courses: 20 semester units
- Business courses: 10 semester units
ID CPA License Requirements
- 150 credit hours
- Accounting courses: 24 hours
- Business courses: 24 hours
*Note: There are 3 separate options to choose from depending on your degree. Please see Idaho education requirements for more details.
- 1 year (2,000 hours) of working experience
- Part-time work qualifies but has to be completed within a 1-3 year period
- Experience must be verified by an actively licensed US CPA
- Passing of the AICPA ethics exam
- Cost of course is $149 or $119 for AICPA members
Idaho CPA Exam Fees
The cost to take all four sections of the CPA exam in Idaho is $743 plus the initial $100 application fee. The re-examination registration fee is $50.
**Important Note: You should not apply and pay for exam sections that will not be taken within six months because your Notice to Schedule (NTS) in Idaho expires 6 months after issuance.
Additional CPA Requirements
- Pass all 4 sections of the CPA exam with a score of 75% or higher
- Complete verified accounting work experience
- Pass AICPA Ethics Exam
- Fill out and submit all required CPA license application paperwork
- Pay the CPA license application fee
ID Exam Information and Resources
Idaho CPA Exam CandidatesIdaho CPA License FAQ
For more details, please contact:
Idaho State Board of Accountancy
1109 Main, Suite 470
Boise, ID 83702
Email: [email protected]
Now that you have started the CPA exam application process, your next step is to find the right CPA review course that best fits your budget, learning style and schedule.
Bryce Welker is a regular contributor to Forbes, Inc.com, YEC and Business Insider. After graduating from San Diego State University he went on to earn his Certified Public Accountant license and created CrushTheCPAexam.com to share his knowledge and experience to help other accountants become CPAs too. Bryce was named one of Accounting Today’s “Accountants To Watch” among other accolades. As Seen On Forbes