New Mexico requires 150 credit hours to earn a CPA license, however you may sit for the CPA exam after earning your bachelor’s degree along with the required accounting courses. The work experience requirements are pretty standard and require 1 year of public or non-public accounting verified by an active US CPA.
To be eligible to sit for the CPA exam students must first fulfill these qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum age: 18
- U.S. Residency NOT Required
- State Residency NOT required
- Bachelor degree or higher
- 30 semester units of accounting courses; 3 of which can come from a Business Law course
NM CPA License Requirements
- 150 semester hours from a regionally accredited educational institution
- 1 year of public or non-public accounting experience supervised and verified by an actively licensed United States CPA
- Chartered accountants from outside the US are not eligible for verification
- Passing of the AICPA ethics exam
- Cost of course is $149 or $119 for AICPA members
New Mexico CPA Exam Fees
The cost to take all four sections of the CPA exam in New Mexico is $743 plus the initial $155 application fee. The re-examination registration fee varies depending on the number of sections you are signing up for.
**Important Note: You should not apply and pay for exam sections that will not be taken within six months because your Notice to Schedule (NTS) in New Mexico expires 6 months after issuance.
Additional CPA Requirements
- Pass all 4 sections of the CPA exam with a score of 75% or higher
- Complete verified accounting work experience
- Pass AICPA Ethics Exam
- Fill out and submit all required CPA license application paperwork
- Pay the CPA license application fee
NM Exam Information and Resources
For more details, please contact:
5200 Oakland NE, Suite D
Albuquerque, NM 87113
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Now that you have started the CPA exam application process, your next step is to find the right CPA review course that best fits your budget, learning style and schedule.
Bryce Welker is a regular contributor to Forbes, Inc.com, YEC.co and Business Insider. After graduating from San Diego State University he went on to earn his Certified Public Accountant license and created CrushTheCPAexam.com to share his knowledge and experience to help other accountants become CPAs too. As Seen On Forbes