Yaeger CPA Review was founded by Phil Yaeger and has been focused on providing excellent customer service since 1977. Yaeger has updated its product line to prepare students for yearly changes to CPA exam, including the addition of several new features.
Yaeger’s new AdaptaPASS CPA exam prep course now has technology that adapts to your strengths and weaknesses. You will be able to have a unique study plan based on your needs and all sorts of study tools like video/audio lectures and practice exams. Let’s take a look at all Yaeger CPA Review has to offer and if it aligns with your learning style and budget.
See the Top CPA Review Courses
- 1.Becker CPA Review Course ◄◄ Endorsed by Big 4 Accounting Firms + Save $1,140
- 2.Surgent CPA Prep Course ◄◄ Best Technology
- 3. Wiley CPA Review Course ◄◄ Best Instructor Support
Overview of Yaeger CPA Review Course
Course Details (product details):
- 104+ hours of video lectures
- Online textbooks (you can also request physical books too)
- Custom study planner
- 4,300 multiple choice questions
- 164 task based simulations
- 1 on 1 instructor support
- Quiz generator
- Exam simulator
- Yaeger CPA Review CRAM courses
- Audio Lectures
- 24 months of course access
Yaeger CPA Review Updates
Yaeger CPA Review not only updates all of its course content to incorporate new changes to the CPA Exam every year, but also frequently adds new features such as adaptive learning software. The new Yaeger CPA course includes newly authored textbooks, videos, quiz generators, and practice exams that incorporate the required AICPA Blueprints.
What’s Included in Yaeger’s Review Course?
What sets Yaeger apart from most other CPA exam prep courses available today is the way that they derive and organize their curriculum. Ordinarily, CPA courses will simply base their material off older test material that has been retired or by hiring professors with high exam scores. However, Yaeger cuts right to the chase.
How do they do this? By implementing information from AICPA Blueprints.
The American Institute of CPAs (AICPA for short) releases yearly blueprints that describe the subject matter and focus for each year’s CPA exam. This document, coming straight from the mouths of the people who write and grade these exams, is an invaluable resource for learning more about the covered material.
So why don’t more companies implement AICPA Blueprints into their curriculum? I’m not sure, to be honest; however, what I do know is that Yaeger goes the extra mile to constantly update their material to match these annual guidelines.
Multiple Choice Questions
To practice with the 4,300 multiple choice questions included in Yaeger CPA Review, you will use Yaeger’s Quiz Engine to create custom quizzes based on specific content groups or topics needed to complete your review.
I found the Quiz Engine fairly easy to use and the answer explanations to be thorough, but I do wish I could see my answer explanations immediately after I responded to a question. This may not be a problem for you, but I suggest marking any question you were unsure of so when you finish your quiz and review your wrong answers, as you will be able to target the topics you need to spend more time studying.
Yaeger also has a game center! This is a feature not found in other review courses and is a big draw for those that struggle with finding the drive to study. If you like to use competition as a motivator, you would like how Yaeger lets you compete with fellow CPA candidates by comparing multiple choice quiz scores.
CPA Practice Exams
With Yaeger’s Exam Simulator, you can take practice CPA Exams that mirror the actual exam. These are great for you to test your timing and perfect your test taking strategies. Compared to other courses’ practice exams, Yaeger’s were slightly less realistic with regard to the actual CPA exam. For example, the Exam Simulator does not break up the test into individual testlets, so you have to use your imagination to master your timing.
Learn More About The CPA Exam
- Best Accounting Certifications
- CPA License Requirements
- Which CPA Exam Section To Take First?
- Tips On The FAR Section Of The CPA Exam
- Top Salaries Of Big 4 Accounting Firms
- Simple Teaching Approach: The lectures are easy to follow as they contain step by step instructions. At first, the lectures mainly focus on why you’re doing what you are doing to get the correct answer. They then teach you what you’re supposed to do and how to go about it in a very logical manner.
- Multiple Choice Questions: Yeager’s CPA instructors usually work hundreds of multiple choice questions with the aim of helping you to navigate through the tricky problems, giving you the repetition needed to pass the CPA exam. The questions are very comprehensive and explanations extremely useful in helping you learn why you got some questions right or wrong.
- AICPA Blueprints: As previously mentioned, Yaeger’s use of AICPA Blueprints as inspiration for their curriculum makes their prep program highly accurate to the test itself, with regular updates every year to reflect any changes to the test.
- Extremely Friendly Support: Yaeger CPA review offers a live instructor hotline for immediate personal supports better than any other review course. You can directly contact the instructors by phone or email for any help you may need almost anytime.
- Flexibility: Yaeger CPA Course materials are available in 4 different formats including USB, DVD, Online, and Mobile Device. There are absolutely no limitations pertaining to the number of computers you can download them to. Besides that, there is no set restrictions access on the videos or course materials.
- Message Boards: There is an open and supportive forum where you can easily post questions and problems. This forum plays an essential role of keeping you in touch with other students and see what other people are doing to pass their exam.
- Yaeger CPA Discounts: Use a Yaeger coupon code to save on a great course. By taking advantage of a Yaeger CPA discount, you’ll have some money left over for your exam fees!
- Old School Lectures: If you’re a student with a shorter attention span, this might not be the best fit program for you because it is very possible to get bored with the traditional video lectures. The lectures are structured very much similar to most college accounting classes and are a bit slower than an independent self-study type of learner would prefer. The average lesson length is usually about 30 to 60 minutes long. It can be difficult for people who want to split their studying up into smaller chunks of time.
- Time Limit: Even though there is a new study at your pace’ option available for students, the regular course still has a time limit of 18 months. If you think you’ll need more time than that to pass all the 4 sections, you probably might want to look at another course with unlimited access.
CPA Coupon Codes & Discounts
Yaeger CPA Review Flashcards
Yaeger’s Flashcard Simulator is built directly into its course and has hundreds of flashcards for each individual section. These flashcards are very informative, but they are not organized by content group. If you wanted to study a particular topic, you would not be able to isolate those flashcards for a specific study.
I found the flashcards useless until I finished all my studies. I still enjoyed them as a final review tool, but if you study primarily with flashcards, you may not like how Yaeger CPA Review orders its flashcards.
Yaeger CPA Review comes with over 100 hours of video lectures. The best part about these were the note taking tools that you can use as you watch the videos. The video quality is great, but the instructors are pretty dry.
In the past, students have criticized Yaeger’s video content because they found it difficult to pay attention. To mitigate this, video content from Yaeger now takes the form of 15-minute lessons that get straight to the point. The result is a much more engaging and easy to follow study tool that won’t put you to sleep!
When you log into Yaeger for the first time, you will have to answer a few questions so the course can adjust to your unique scheduling needs and learning style. Once you finish providing your information, your course will generate a custom study planner that can be seen through your dashboard. Your dashboard will also include your tracked progress, access to instructors, and your testbank and quizzes.
The course software is fairly easy to use and study along with. One critique I would have is that the textbooks automatically turn pages while you are watching the videos. This could be great for you, but I didn’t like the “autopilot” type of studying because it was harder to stay actively engaged.
Phil Yaeger has a promise that you can see throughout the entire Yaeger CPA Review course: ”Whether by phone or email–you can contact me and the other instructors personally almost anytime.” This Live Instructor Hotline is attractive for many CPA candidates who are looking for a quick and personal student support system.
You can also ask questions in a fully functional forum that is constantly being monitored by staff to ensure you get timely and accurate answers to all your questions.
Course Access and Updates
Unlike some of the other review courses on the market, Yaeger does not give you access until you pass. Your course comes with 18 months of access, but you can request 24 months if you need to.
Yaeger does automatically update your course if there are ever any additions or updates to the course without charging you additional fees. So you won’t have to ever worry about not having the most current information available with your Yaeger CPA Review course.
CPA Review Discount Codes & Financing Options
If you are like most other CPA Candidates out there and need a financing plan, Yaeger’s got one! With no additional fees, you can select to pay for your full CPA Review course in segments over a series of months. This is really helpful for students or anyone else who is paying for their review course themselves.
Yaeger offers discounts that can save you from spending more than you have to on a CPA Review course. Check out Crush’s exclusive discounts for CPA Review!
Extended Sale – Get $1,140 Off Becker CPA Pro
Take $1,110 Off Surgent CPA Ultimate Pass
Save $1,000 On Gleim CPA Premium Pro
Becker CPA: 0% Interest Payment Plan
Save on Becker CPA Single Part Courses
Take $1,500 Off Surgent CPA Ultimate Pass
Get CPA Evolution Ready Content on All Becker CPA Courses
Sale – Becker CPA Premium Package Now $3,099
Becker CPA Advantage Package Now $2,499 – Promo
Enjoy a 14-day Free Trial on Becker CPA Courses
Yaeger CPA Review VS Becker
Both Yaeger and Becker are well-established CPA Review courses and I think both courses do certain things well. Let’s take a quick look at the two courses, but if you want a more detailed comparison, you can read my full article here.
Becker is the most expensive course on the market with a price of $3,393. Yaeger, on the other hand, is a bargain for $899. Both courses give you 18 months of access, but only Yaeger offers free course updates. You will have to pay for the most current information from Becker.
When it comes to practice questions, Becker provides more, but the quality of Yaeger’s questions is much higher. Both courses offer flashcards, but like most things with Becker, you must pay extra for these since they are not automatically included in the course like Yaeger.
Yaeger and Becker’s videos are both noticeably boring and dry, but I would rather sit through a shorter Yaeger video than a scattered Becker video lecture. Plus, Yaeger offers audio courses, which Becker does not. And when you have a question during these lectures, Yaeger has a more efficient support system than Becker.
Who is Yaeger CPA Review Best For?
Yaeger CPA Review is a very comprehensive course and will provide you with more than enough to pass the CPA Exam. The lectures and reading material are detailed but can feel dry on occasion. I would recommend this course to people who have been out of school for awhile and want a thorough course that gives you a ton of information you need to pass the CPA Exam.
Bryce Welker is a regular contributor to Forbes, Inc.com, YEC and Business Insider. After graduating from San Diego State University he went on to earn his Certified Public Accountant license and created CrushTheCPAexam.com to share his knowledge and experience to help other accountants become CPAs too. Bryce was named one of Accounting Today’s “Accountants To Watch” among other accolades. As Seen On Forbes