Wyoming requires 150 credit hours to sit for the CPA exam and obtain a CPA license. The work experience requirements are pretty standard and require 1 year of public accounting experience verified by an active US CPA. State residency is also required for a Wyoming CPA License.
To be eligible to sit for the CPA exam students must first fulfill these qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum age: 18
- U.S. Residency Required
- State Residency NOT Required
- Bachelor degree or above
- 150 credit hours
- Accounting courses: 24 semester hours
- Business courses: 24 semester hours
WY CPA License Requirements
Same as above.
1 year of full-time experience in public accounting verified by an active CPA licensee.
You must pass the AICPA ethics exam prior to taking the Wyoming CPA Exam. The cost of the course is $149, or $119 for AICPA members.
Wyoming CPA Exam Fees
The cost to take all four sections of the CPA exam in Wyoming is $743 plus the initial $110 application fee. The re-examination registration fee is $50.
**Important Note: You should not apply and pay for exam sections that will not be taken within six months because your Notice to Schedule (NTS) in Wyoming expires 6 months after issuance.
Additional CPA Requirements
- Pass all 4 sections of the CPA exam with a score of 75% or higher
- Complete verified accounting work experience
- Pass AICPA Ethics Exam
- Fill out and submit all required CPA license application paperwork
- Pay the CPA license application fee
WY Exam Information and Resources
Surgent CPA Review
- Pass 80% Faster. Exam ready in 58 hours!
- Adaptive Learning Technology
- Top New Product by Accounting Today
Wiley CPAexcel Review
- Bite-sized Lectures
- Huge Test Bank with 16,000 MCQ’s
- Unlimited Course Access